For the purpose of early diagnosis of breast cancer, women over 40 years of age are recommended to undergo three studies per year:
Mammography is a x-ray of the breast. Identify the existing seals in the tissue. The modern method is digital mammography.
Determination of the level of female sex hormones – estrogens. If it is high, there is an increased risk of developing breast cancer.
The cancer marker CA 15-3 is a substance that is produced by the cells of the breast carcinoma.
Symptoms and appearance of different forms of breast cancer
Nodular form of breast cancer
In the thickness of the breast, a painless dense formation is palpated. It can be round or irregular in shape, evenly growing in different directions. The tumor is soldered to surrounding tissues, so when a woman raises her hands, a hollow is formed on the mammary gland in the appropriate place.
The skin in the area of the tumor is wrinkled. In the later stages, its surface begins to resemble a lemon rind, ulcers appear on it.
Over time, the tumor leads to an increase in the breast size.
Lymph nodes increase: cervical, axillary, supraclavicular and subclavian.
What does the nodular form of breast cancer look like?
- Osteo-infiltrative form
- This form of breast cancer is most common in young women.
- Pain sensations are most often absent or weakly expressed.
- There is a seal that occupies almost the entire volume of the breast.
The skin develops edema, outwardly it resembles a lemon rind. Due to the compaction, it is not possible to collect the skin in a crease. Edema is most pronounced around the nipple.
Osteo-infiltrative form of breast cancer is accompanied by an increase in lymph nodes in the armpit.
How does the edematous-infiltrative form of breast cancer look like?
- Mastitis-like breast cancer
- It occurs in women of different ages, but most often in young people.
- increased body temperature, usually up to 37 ° C;
- an increase in the size of the breast;
- increased temperature of the skin of the affected breast;
- in the thickness of the gland is a large painful compaction.
What does mastitis like breast cancer look like?
- Rozhypodobny Cancer
- This form of breast cancer, in accordance with its name, resembles erysipelas – a special type of purulent infection.
- compaction of the mammary gland;
- redness of the skin, which has uneven edges;
- increased temperature of the skin of the breast;
- During the feeling, the nodes are not detected.
What does the mammary gland cancer look like?
- Tumor Cancer
- The tumor sprouts through the glandular tissue and fatty tissue. Sometimes the process goes to the opposite side, to the second mammary gland.
- decrease in breast size;
- limitation of mobility of the affected breast;
- compacted, with uneven surface, skin above the hearth.
How does breast cancer look like?
- Paget’s Cancer
- A special form of breast cancer, occurs in 3 – 5% of cases.
- crusts in the nipple;
- erosion – superficial skin defects;
- wetting the nipple;
- the appearance of shallow bleeding sores;
- deformation of the nipple;
- over time, the nipple is finally destroyed, a tumor appears in the thickness of the mammary gland;
- Paget’s cancer is accompanied by metastases to the lymph nodes only in the late stages, so the predictions for this form of the disease are relatively favorable.